April 11, 2019–The National Association of Drug Court Professionals (NADCP) has announced details of a newly added Rural Drug Court Track for its national conference this July 14-17, 2019 in National Harbor, Maryland.
The Rural Drug Court Track includes the following seminars:
- (SB-17) (3 hour skill building workshop) Rural Drug Courts: The Challenge of Meeting National Standards, Sunday, July 14, 9:15 a.m.-12:15 p.n.
- (A-11) Jack of All Trades/Master of All Trades: A Rural Treatment Court Coordinator Must Do It All: Monday, July 15 8:00 a.m. to 9:15 a.m.
- (B-11) Federal Resources for Rural Drug Courts You Don’t Know About: Monday, July 15 9:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
- (C-11) Collaboration and Resource Development for Rural Veterans Treatment Courts: Monday, July 15, 11:00 a.m.-12:15 a.m.
- (D-11 Rural Treatment Courts: Establishing, Sustaining, and Collaborating: Monday, July 15, 4:00 p.m. – 5:15 p.m.
- (E-11) Rural Treatment Courts: A Focus on Community Service/Community Improvement: Monday, July 15, 5:30 p.m.-6:45 p.m.
NADCP annually hosts the world’s largest conference on addiction, mental health and the justice system. This year, RISE19 will bring together leaders from all models of treatment courts, the recovery community, law enforcement, veteran service organizations, legislators and other key stakeholders to learn the latest evidence-based practices for serving individuals with substance use and mental health disorders. For registration details, visit: https://www.nadcp.org/conference/.