WATCP invites you to submit a workshop proposal to be considered for the 18th Annual Statewide Treatment Court Conference at the Kalahari Resort and Conference Center on May 4th – 6th, 2022.
Workshop Proposals are due by December 17th, 2021. Submitted presenters will be notified as to whether their proposal is accepted or declined. WATCP is looking for workshops that will provide attendees with information, tools, and/or action items that they can take back to their respective problem-solving courts and use in their jurisdictions and communities. Workshops may be targeted for a particular treatment court type: Adult Drug Court, OWI, Veterans, Mental Health, Family, Tribal, or be generally applicable to all. Topics of particular interest include:
● Equity and Inclusion
● Tribal court topics and issues facing Tribal Court Participants
● Grant Writing
●Behavior Modification Techniques/Application of Incentives, Sanctions and Therapeutic Adjustment
●Target Population/Defining Participant Risk Level
●Treatment Court Teams – How to foster effective communication
●Non-traditional pathways to healing – Art Therapy, Music Therapy, etc.
We are also seeking workshops that may be discipline specific for judges, prosecutors, defense counsel, probation agents, treatment providers, coordinators / case managers and law enforcement. WATCP will be hosting approximately 20 90-minute workshops during the 2 1/2-day conference. Each workshop should allow time for questions and answers from the attendees.
To Submit a Proposal, Email the following items to Jodi Severson, Administrative Assistant: [email protected]
● Course Description including title of the workshop
● Biography of the presenter which identifies their full name and credentials to present on the proposed topic
● Objectives of the presentation / workshop. When describing the Overview of the Course/Objectives, please craft language that could be used in the official conference program and on the WATCP conference website to describe your session.
● Headshot of the presenter
● Special requirements for the presentation (AV specs, microphone preference, handouts, room set up, participant limits, etc.)
● Fee for presenting. NOTE: all speakers receive one complimentary registration for the conference which includes all meals provided during the event. Lodging and travel related expenses and fees for presenting are negotiated on a limited basis and governed by WATCP’s budget for the event. WATCP is a non-profit organization with the mission of providing quality educational training opportunities at a reasonable cost to the participants of the problem-solving court across the state of Wisconsin who have limited training budgets. WATCP is amenable to negotiating partnerships with other organizations to offset costs for presenters.
All proposals will be reviewed by the WATCP Conference Planning Committee, which will select those that best meet attendee needs to provide information that is relevant and practical and enables attendees to build skills and increase competencies in treatment courts in their home communities.
If selected, speakers agree to provide WATCP with preliminary electronic copies of any handout materials for their workshop presentation(s) by Monday, February 10, 2020. Speakers also agree to provide WATCP with final electronic copies of any handout materials for their workshop presentation(s) by Friday, March 20, 2020. All speaker presentations will be made available to attendees via the conference website unless a speaker opts out of this during the Proposals